We had a little party when we were all together in August and I wanted to make them something special to commemorate the occasion.
I had really enjoyed making the frame at Leonie's workshop and decided to start with that. I ordered two of the cardboard frames and did the base decoration using pretty much the same method we'd used at the workshop. To personalise the background I used Craft Artist to print recent photos of the happy couples on the patterned paper I was using. I tore the paper, pasted it all together, did some random stamping and painting, and finished it off by stamping their names in the corner.
For each frame I cut out a picture of the happy bride and groom on the day and made it glossy with triple thick embossing powder. I put a small box behind the picture before attaching it so that it would be raised about 1/4 inch from the back of the frame.
Then I started planning how I would finish decorating the whole thing....
Well, I say 'planning' but really it was about two weeks of trying different ideas and layouts and embellishments before I finally settled on the final configurations. I don't know how other people do these things but I tend to try a layout, and then ponder it a bit. Then I move things a little, take some stuff off, put other stuff on....and then ponder a bit more. I then repeat this a lot.
My original idea was to have a tag with '25 years' on it, and the key hanging off of it. And I thought that the bottle would end up sitting in the recess of the frame.
But after trying a few variations the tag just wasn't working for me - and my best friend pointed out that a picture of the kids was essential. (She also tried to convince me to add a dog biscuit to Barry and Joanne's but I just ignored her on that one!)
So I found photos of the girls, cut them out in Craft Artist and put them on neutral backgrounds. I put the pictures into Memory Keepers frames. I didn't like the original shiny coppery colour so I added some pewter gleam to tone it down a bit.
While thinking that through I decided the frame needed a bit of colour to finish it off - and after a bit of faffing around I ended up creating the fabric heart and buttons on the wire.
And I lost count of the number of times I put the corners on and took them before FINALLY deciding I liked them and gluing them down.
I wrapped them in plain tissue paper tied up with a bright purple ribbon and I'm pleased to say they were really well received on the day.