Sunday 19 June 2011

....a Commission (well, a commission with no fee - but still...)

Gorgeous best friend Caroline has a very talented nephew who is part of an indie band Proud Proud People.  Caroline and her family held a summer party last week featuring a live performance from the band and she asked if I'd make some invitations for her.

I had a lot of fun pondering ideas and the final design made use of lots of my recent crafty purchases.  My kitchen table was unusable for a few days but I had a blast making them.

The base of the invite was a 6x6 piece of card in blue.  In  the centre I added a piece of green Coredinations card, embossed in the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dots folder and then sanded lightly.

All of the embellishments were designed on my Gypsy and cut on my Imagine. 

The 'Celebrate' is from the Gypsy Wanderings cartridge (free with the Gypsy) and I filled the phrase and shadow with patterns from the Better Together cartridge on the Imagine.


The sun is also from Gypsy Wanderings, and I added in the 'summer' in a font from Simply Sweet.  I cut the suns out of plain white card and then  used Distress Inks (Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge) to add some colour.

Finally, I cut Proud Proud People using a Schoolbook Plantin font from a piece of bright pink Coredinations  (well, in fact I cut many 'Proud Proud People' at once and then guillotined them into little squares) and layered them onto a piece of silver mirror card.

Lots of Pinflair glue to give it all some height and the front was done!

On the back I used the Craft Artist programme to provide the details.  This was the first time I've really used the software and found it easy enough to use but I have a lot to learn and every now and then someething would happen which I didn't expect.  Thank goodness for the undo feature which meant I was always able to get back to where I wanted to be!! 

I'm pretty pleased with the final result and Caroline was too. So my first (and possibly only) commission was successful - if not lucrative!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for dropping by!