Tuesday, 12 July 2011

Look! No Distress Inks!

Just when I was beginning to doubt my ability to make a card without Distress Inks or Core-dinations this little flower card stamped its way into my collection!

I've loved the effect of ink over clear embossing since I first discovered it - but this is the first time I've used it in a card (rather than just on a random piece of paper!).

The base of the card is a piece of white card.  I stamped the flower image with Versa Mark and then embossed with a clear embossing powder.

I then covered the page  with Big & Juicy Hydrangea ink using a brayer.  (Holy messy fingers batman!  Ink everywhere! But I liked the effect.)  I wiped the ink off of the embossed area and was left wit h the lovely white image.

I then cut three small squares of white card and stamped the same flower image on to each.  I glued these onto the base of the card with some Pinflair glue.

I put the whole thing onto a 5x7 white gloss card.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for dropping by!