Tuesday 12 July 2011

Air Dry Foam Stuff

When I attended Leonie's workshop I bought some 'super lightweight modelling clay' which I confess I wasn't entirely sure would ever get used.  Then one evening I decided to open it up - introduced it to some rubber stamps and really haven't looked back since!  My little box of  'random things I've made that I may use one day' has grown exponentially.

This week I managed to make two cards using some of those random things!


The first is the inventor card which brings a smile to my face.  I stamped the inventor (from Creative Expressions Vintage Inventor) and then added a spring stamp (sort of reminding me of toys we had as kids) using a rusty brown Stayz On ink and then cut it out, and distressed it lightly with some Antique Linen Distress Ink to remove the bright white.

I attached it to the card with a spring which means he bobbles around on the top of the card which makes me smile.

The background is some red Core-dinations card embossed with a Special Touch of Mica Cogs mask.

The large 'poster' embellishment is made from the Creative Expressions Collage stamp plate covered witih Versa Mark and then pressed into the air dry foam.  Carefully (very carefully) remove the stamp and allow to dry.  I then use some gleam to add some colour and bring out the pattern and matted it onto a piece of black card using brad screws in the corner for a bit of interest.

The 'inventor' and 'lightbulb' embellishment were also made with the air dry foam.

I matted the whole thing onto a black card.

For the second card I started by inking over the Special Touch of Mica Compass mask with Dried Marmalade, Scattered Straw and Rusty Hinge Distress Inks.  I then gave it a few spritzes of Copper Cosmic Shimmer.  I matted that onto a card I had painted with a Copper Mica watercolour.

I tore a strip brown Core-dinations paper and then sanded it gently.  I stamped 'enjoy the journey' repeatedly with Versa Mark and then embossed with clear embossing powder. I attached it to the base card with 4 gold eyelets.

I finished it off with 4 tickets made from the air dry foam and Creative Expressions Tickets stamps.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for dropping by!